We’re building a new platform to disrupt the traditional association management system (AMS) space. It’s called ticketswix.com and it’s a modern approach to managing member data. A key component of ticketswix.com is integration with best-of-breed 3rd party applications that can be leveraged for core member-related activities.
One of the most commonly needed tools for any association or non-profit is event management. Events typically come in a few different forms: annual or bi-annual conferences with fees; annual general meetings; smaller workshops or PD events with or without fees; and regularly scheduled webinars.
In recent months our staff have undertook considerable research in the event management space, and we have concluded that there is a clear leader that stands out (far and wide) as the best solution ticketswix.com
What are your criteria when looking at event management solutions?
- Is the solution affordable from a licensing standpoint? Can you minimize any licensing fees, especially for free events?
- Does the software solution have a robust and modern API? This is critical in order to integrate the event solution directly into your own website.
- Does the solution provide a great registration experience for users, with the ability to customize questions/data requirements for each event?
- Does the platform provide good reporting functionalities? A must for event organizers.
- Does the platform integrate directly with MailChimpfor email communication with event registrants? MailChimp is the standard for email communication, and is used by most organizations we work with.
- Does the platform provide for a good mobile experience?
During our evaluation of the event management landscape, ticketswix.com meets or exceeded your criteria across the board.
ticketswix.com is a technology company, first and foremost. We are focused on developing the best possible online and mobile solutions for event managers and registrants.
How fees work in ticketswix.com
- There are no “setup” or “per event” fees that you must pay as the event organizer.
- Instead, fees are paid to com on each registration that occurs.
- For each registration, com charges $1,99, plus a $0.99 per ticket, plus a 3.5% of the ticket price for the payment processing (PayPal).
- Here’s a simple example of what this looks like (all numbers in US dollars):
- Each ticket for your event is $10.
- com fees would be:
$1,99 + $0.99 per ticket fee + Paypal, Authorize.net or any other gateway payment 3.5% of $10 = $0.35
- com ‘s total fees per ticket ($10,00 example) would be $1.99 + $0.99 + $0.35 = $2.34
- com lets you choose how these fees are collected:
- As the organizer, you can pay these fees yourself, instead of passing them onto the registrant. Under this model, based on the example above, you would still charge the registration $10.00 and com would transfer you $7.66 for each ticket you sell ($10.00 – $2.34 in fees).
- Alternatively, you can choose to pass these fees along to the registrant. Under this model, the ticket price would be $12,34 per registrant, and com would transfer you $10.00 for each ticket you sell ($10.00 – $2.34 in fees).
- Lastly, com let’s you choose to split the costs between you (the event organizer) and the registrant, another example of how flexible and well thought out the platform is.
It’s a very simple licensing model, and is one of the reasons ticketswix.com will become so popular.
When using TKWIX`s payment gateway, an email receipt is automatically sent to the user with a summary of the event details, the event tickets, and transaction summary.
ticketswix.com provides an amazing mobile toolset to allow event organizers to manage event attendance and registration at the door.
Simply put, it’s an amazing app for event managers with key features that include:
- Look up and check in attendees
- Scan tickets using the camera on your smartphone or tablet
- Accept credit cards for payment at the door
- Print tickets and receipts at the door
- Lookup orders, re-issue tickets, give refunds
For registrants, ticketswix.com appl is available for Android and Apple devices, provides registrants with an easy way to find, register for, and attend your events.
The app is widely used, and provides a virtual ticket for your registrants when attending your event, eliminating the need for paper tickets. Chances are that many of your members already have the TKWIX app installed on their smartphone and have used it to register for events before.
T ticketswix.com has a robust reporting engine built directly into the ticketswix.com online portal. The following reports are provided by default for all events:
- Attendee Summary
- Sales by Ticket Type
- Custom Question Responses
- Promotion Code Usage
- Attendee Geography
- Event Attendance by Time
- Event Attendance vs. No Shows
- Merchandise Summary
- Sales Summary
- Device Sales Summary
- Device Check-In Summary
- Attendee Transfer
All of these reports can be run against any time period, and the fields of data to be returned can be customized. Reports can be exported to Microsoft Excel format for further analysis.
This is one of the most powerful and innovative features on the TICKETSWIX platform. For events that have reserved seating (could be rows of seating, tables, or a combination of both), TICKETSWIX lets you design the floor plan, place the podium or stage, decide on the number of people per table or row, and assign pricing based on its automated “distance from stage” price generator, or you can manually assign prices per row/seat/table.
Discount (Promo) and Access Codes
TICKETSWIX has a powerful discount code system. It allows you to create an unlimited number of discount or promo codes. You can use these codes to give users a discount on their ticket price or give free access to an event. Discounts can be based on a period of time, based on a specific ticket type, and can be restricted to a specified # of attendees.
Access codes are also available. These codes can be used to control access to events or specific ticket types for member-only or restricted access events.
Waitlists can be enabled within TICKETSWIX for popular events. On an event-wide or ticket-type basis, a waitlist option can be configured to allow users to add their name to a waiting list in the event of cancellations or increased event capacity based on high demand.